Announcing the 2014 St. Cecilia Music Center ARTPRIZE Music Awards:
sponsored by Kim Mitchell
Artist: Matthew Fisher
Title: Glorious Christmas
sponsored by CompuCraft
Artist: American WiFi
Title: Spin My Record
sponsored by Revue Magazine
Artist: Molly Bouwsma Schultz
Title: Kindness (441 Cass)
sponsored by Otterbase Ince, Sue Tiggleman and anonymous
Artist: Roger MacNaugton
Title: 5 Mile Mountain
sponsored by Royce Rolls Ringer, Diversified Financial Concepts and the St. Cecilia board of directors
Artist: Channing and Quinn
Title: The Stalker Song
Each of the above artists will receive a $2,000 cash award and a recording session at Mackinaw Harvest Studios.
We congratulate all of the artists who entered their music into ARTPRIZE 2014, and express our gratitude to all of the sponsors who made these awards possible.
More about artprize …
In 2014, a total of 86 SCMC ArtPrize MUSICAL ARTISTS had:
- The chance to win public ArtPrize cash prizes!
- The chance to win the juried award of $20,000 in ArtPrize’s TIME BASED category.
- The chance to win $2,000 within a specific music genre.
- Their song posted on the ArtPrize website for tens of thousands of people to hear.
- Their song will be exhibited at listening stations at SCMC during the entire ArtPrize.
(More than 20,000 people visited SCMC last year during the event!)
- The opportunity to perform live throughout the city at busking stations.
St. Cecilia Music Center continues as ArtPrize 2014 Music Hub with a focus on musical entries and five special music prizes to be presented. This year we have added even more busking stations throughout the ArtPrize area and opened up the building to a stunning visual art installation by Serena Bocchino making ArtPrize 2014 a high profile event for another season. Please contact development director Ricki L. Levine or 616.459.2224 (ext 205) for sponsorship information.