St. Cecilia Music Center Needs Your Financial Support
Each gift to St. Cecilia Music Center, no matter what the amount, fosters music performance, education and appreciation, enriches individual lives, enhances our community and safeguards a treasured musical legacy to be handed down to future generations.
Ways to Give
- You can write a check
- You can set up an automatic credit-card payment schedule
- You can make a secure online contribution now
Here are just a few reasons your gift is so important:
- World-renowned artists perform on our acoustically superb Royce Auditorium stage each year.
- Our acclaimed Jazz Series and Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center Series present the best of the best for West Michigan audiences.
- Ticket sales cover only 50% of the costs associated with bring such talented musicians to perform in Grand Rapids. This means we rely on the generosity of our community, through gifts and sponsorships, to keep ticket prices affordable for all.
- More than 1,000 youth and adults of all backgrounds and walks of life experience the joy of music each year through our School of Music’s 14 different programs and approximately 25,000 hours of instruction. (Although programs are tuition based, donor support guarantees that no student is ever denied access because of the inability to pay.)
- In response to public education budget cuts, we offer Strings to Schools, a FREE beginning string program at area public schools that provides instruction and instruments at no cost to the schools or students.
- Our historic St. Cecilia building has been in continuous use since it opened in 1894, serving as a music center, a performance space for other area arts groups, music educators and students, and as a community venue for private functions.
Donations are welcome at any time during the year. You can designate your gift to a specific program or for general use. St. Cecilia’s fiscal year is July 1 to June 30.
Many businesses match charitable contributions by their employees. Ask if your company has a matching gift program. If so, request a form to include when sending your donation.
Become a Sustaining Member
Rather than a one-time gift, you may elect to use the safe and secure credit-card payment option. Simply select the credit card you wish to use and tell us how much you would like to donate and how often.
We welcome contributions of appreciated stock. You will receive a tax deduction for the full-market value of the stock at the time the gift is made.
Consult your trust attorney or financial adviser to designate a planned gift to St. Cecilia Music Center in your will or living trust. Please be sure to inform us if you have included St. Cecilia Music Center in your long-term giving plans.
School of Music Sponsorships
Help support a student today. School of Music sponsors lend essential support to four youth ensembles, two adult ensembles, three summer camps, a variety of clubs, classes and workshops, and Strings to Schools.
St. Cecilia Music Center brings the world’s most celebrated musicians to West Michigan through the Great Artist Gala, the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center series, the Jazz Series and Fresh Folk series – offerING great exposure and substantial benefits. Customize a package that best suits your needs.
Each season’s printed program book (circulation 8,000) encompasses the Great Artist Gala, the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center series, the Jazz Series, Fresh Folk series and all School of Music performances, youth and adult. Diverse audiences will see your ad many times during our concert season, which runs from October through May.
St. Cecilia Music Center continues as ArtPrize 2014 Music Hub with a focus on musical entries and five special music prizes to be presented. This year we have added even more busking stations throughout the ArtPrize area and opened up the building to a visual art installation by Serena Bocchino making ArtPrize 2014 a high profile event for another season.
For more information, please contact St. Cecilia Music Center Development Director Ricki L. Levine at 616.459.2224 (ext 205).